The food that you give to your beagle is one of the most important factors in their health and well-being. If you want to know which foods to avoid feeding your beagle, check out our A to Z list.
- Baby Food and Bones
- Chocolate, Coffee & Tea
- Dairy Products and Milk
- Eggs (raw)
- Fat Trimming
- Human Food (no table scraps, please).
- Isopropyl as well as ethanol and methanol are present in alcoholic beverages. Alcohol can cause intoxication, coma and death (and the amount needed to damage your beagle’s health is far less than in the case of human beings).
- Jack-in-the-pulpit and Jimson weed are two plants that contain substances that are extremely dangerous for your beagle.
- Kat Food
- Large Amounts of Liver
- Macadamia nuts
- Nutmeg and other spices
- Persimmons, Peaches and Plums (careful with the pits)
- Raisins and Grapes
- Tomato Plants (as many other plants can be dangerous for dogs)
- Umbrella Plant (Scheffelera)
- Vitamin Supplements for Humans With Iron
- Watermelon seeds (as well as many other seeds)
- Yeast Dough
Foods and Plants to Avoid Feeding Your Beagle
Risingwoods.org provides a list of substances and plants that you should keep away from your beagle because they are toxic.
If you know or suspect that your beagle has ingested foods on the list of foods to avoid feeding your beagle above, consult with your vet or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Centre.