What vegetables and fruits are good for beagles? This is one of the common questions asked by beagle owners. Fruits and vegetables are important to beagle’s health because they are abundant in vitamins, minerals, and fibers, and low in calories.
It’s no secret that we like to pamper our beagles by sharing our food with them, but not all the foods we eat are good for them. In this article, we are going to discuss the fruits and vegetables that beagles can eat without problems.
Dogs are omnivorous animals, which means they can eat meat or plant-based foods. Most of the dog croquettes have a combination of meat and vegetables in their formulas.
If your dog is overweight or obese, fruits and vegetables should be included in its meal plan. Just as you enjoy the taste and nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables, so your dog can.
Also Read: Beagle Food – When, What and How Often?
Below are the fruits and vegetables you can serve beagles.
- Apple: Apples are fruits rich in vitamins A and C, and they also contain enough fiber that helps the digestive system of dogs. Before giving your beagle an apple to eat, ensure the seeds are removed.
- Banana: This is a fruit that is rich in potassium, vitamins and coppers. Being such sweet fruit, it should only be given on a few occasions and in small portions.
- Blueberries: They are full of antioxidants and fibers that will help protect your beagles from cancer.
- Broccoli: This is one of the best vegetables for dogs. Just ensure to give it in small portions as it could cause your dog to have diarrhea.
- Carrot: A vegetable rich in vitamins and fiber, and its fibrous nature helps to remove tartar from your beagle’s teeth.
- Celery: Like carrots, celery gives beagles clean and healthy teeth.
- Green Beans: This plant-based food is rich in iron and vitamins, which makes them one of the best healthy food options for dogs. It is recommended to feed your dog with fresh green beans since canned ones usually have salt.
- Mango: It is a sweet fruit that contains sugar. This, however, should not only be given in small portions but the seed should be removed because they could choke your dog.
- Orange: It is very rich in vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber. It should only be served in small quantities as a treat. Before giving oranges to your beagle, make sure they are peeled and remove the seeds.
- Pears: They contain a lot of fluid, but remove the seeds before serving to your dog.
- Potato: If your beagle suffers from stomach upset, give boiled potato with chicken (without any seasoning).
You can also check: The Best Food for Your Dog – How to Avoid Allergies and Other Health Problems
Fruits that Beagles Cannot Eat
Now that we’ve discussed the fruits and vegetables that are good for beagles, you should also know the fruits and vegetables that can be toxic to beagles. Some of them are:
If you have doubts about what fruits or vegetables that your dog should eat, you can consult a veterinarian.